10 best Digital painting and Sketching application to use
Digital painting is becoming more and more popular than traditional painting techniques such as watercolor, oils. Now using digital tools by means of a computer, a graphics tablet and stylus, and software; Digital painting differs from other forms of digital art, particularly computer-generated art, in that it does not involve the computer rendering from a model. The artist uses painting techniques to create the digital painting directly on the computer. All digital painting programs try to mimic the use of physical media through various brushes and paint effects. Included in many programs are brushes that are digitally styled to represent the traditional style like oils, acrylics, pastels, charcoal, pen and even media such as airbrushing. There are also certain effects unique to each type of digital paint which portray the realistic effects of say watercolor on a digital 'watercolor' painting. In most digital painting programs, the users can create their own brush style using a combination of texture and shape. This ability is very important in bridging the gap between traditional and digital painting. For doing Digital painting and Sketching yourself on your android, ios or computer devices here a compeling list to follow, read on:
10 best Digital painting and Sketching application to use
1. Procreate Procreate is the most powerful painting and sketching application specially made for creative professionals. Procreate is a commercial app and available to use on the iOS platform only. The app offers complete artists box to help you create beautiful sketches, inspiring paintings, and different types of stunning illustrations. It offers ground-breaking canvas resolution, advanced layer systems, more than 136 brushes, and lots of other exciting things that help you to create a stunning image. It brings responsive smudge tools to blend color with any brush in your library perfectly. Procreate app has millions of users around the world who can access it anywhere around the world. It also includes core features such as a stunning 64-bit color, advanced quick menu, import custom brushes, customizes setting, connects a keyboard. Procreate is one of the best and the most full-fledged solution for all the painting lovers.
2. Calligrapher Calligrapher is an Art and Design app that allows you to create creative paintings and drawings by using pens, pencils, and lots of other amazing tools. The app is specially made for those who love paintings and want to become a pro painter. The toolbar is easy to use, where all the tools are on a transparent background and don’t block up your screen. It is one of the best alternatives to Procreate and offers all the similar services with some new features. There are settings such as color, line thickness, and transparency for each tool. Calligrapher app offers paper experience and allows you to capture your whole imagination without any limitation. Calligrapher app also has a set of key features that make it more interesting. If you want to become a pro artist, give the app a try to enjoy whatever you want.
3. MediBang Paint MediBang is a free digital painting and comic creation application that comes loaded with lots of brushes, fonts, pre-made background, and lots of other resources. It includes core features such as add dialogue with a speech to text, work with others, use photos to draw, editing of work, draw efficiently, and create comic panels easily. It also allows illustrators to draw anywhere they want while retaining all of the features of the desktop versions of the software. The application includes multiple different creative tools for illustrators and all the comic artists. Some advanced tools are numerous brushes, screen tones, cloud fonts, and multiple funny creation tools. It is free to use the app and available to use on multiple platforms including, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, iOS, and Android.
4. Autodesk SketchBook SketchBook is an award winning drawing and painting application, design for creative professionals, and inspiring artists who want to capture their ideas in digital form. The app offers a natural drawing experience with a clean user-interface that gets out of your way. It comes with more than 170 different brushes that you can customize to draw as you expect. This app is designed to use the full computing power of every mobile device, especially those with the stylus and GPU. Its Rapid UI mode allows your free hands to pull up interface elements when needed for the largest possible workspace on your tablet. It includes core features such as autosave, unlimited undo, full layer support, ruler and ellipse, scan sketch, radial summery, and predictive stroke. It has millions of users around the world and is available to use on multiple platforms, including iOS and Android.
5. ibis Paint X ibis Paint X is an art and design app based on the concept of social drawing. It allows you to publish the drawing process so that you can share the joy of drawing with everyone. The app is available to use on Android and iOS platforms and has more than 120 million users around the world. One of the most interesting and enjoyable things about this art and design app is that it allows you to record yourself while drawing and share it with others. This offers a variety of painting and drawing tools, including 142 different kinds of brushes, vector tools watercolors, and various brushes parameters. The app is also best for all the beginners because it offers lots of tutorials that teach about painting and drawing. With the help of this app, you are also able to edit any photo and make it more interest.
6. Tayasui Sketches Tayasui Sketchesis a free to use application that allows you to enjoy the sensation of drawing on paper. With a massive range of incredibly realistic brushes, pencils, and lots of other tools. With the help of this app, you can quickly draw any sketch and share it with the others. It does not require any registration or personal information to enjoy the service. You need to download it on your mobile device to begin the journey. After completing the installation, you can access the tool and draw unlimited sketches. It includes core features such as blending mode, brushes editor, various sizes and shapes of brushes, filling tools, felt pen, oil pastel, and watercolor. This app also has the community of the world’s best artists who help each other improve their skills.
7. Auryn Ink Auryn Ink is a commercial drawing and painting app that provides everything that a watercolorist needs to create and share stunning works of art. With the help of this application, you can easily create watercolor paintings with a touch of a finger. The app offers lots of new services to deliver the most interesting experience. Auryn Ink app offers a massive collection of drawing tools and color pallets as well as also allows you to save custom pallets. The app includes core features such as more than six watercolor paper type, wet, dry, and fixed layer, a gallery to save your painting, easily access all the tools and automatic updates, etc. It is available to use on multiple versions, and each new version offers new and advanced features.
8. Adobe Photoshop Sketch Sketch is an Art and Design application developed and published by Adobe. It is one of the best apps like Procreate and offers all the similar tools and services with some new features that make it better than others. The app allows you to draw with pencils, pens, markers, ink brush, and lots of other advanced things to create artwork. The application has millions of users around the world who can use it to create stunning photos. One of the most interesting things about this application is that it allows you to add multiple images and draw layers to restock, rename, and merge. Adobe Photoshop Sketch also allows you to take advantage of other creative services such as Adobe stock. The app brings guides and templates to create sketches right over your cell phones and tablets.
9. Paper Paper by WeTransfer app is an immersive sketching app for capturing ideas that you encounter on a daily basis. The application has more than 25 million users around the world who found their professional creative space in the paper, handwriting notes, drafting, diagramming, sketching, and painting. The most exciting and enjoyable thing about this platform is that it provides customization options and allows you to add your setting and insert more tools. It includes core features such as a massive collection of advanced tools, community, share your photos directly through the app, add additional tools. No matter what the inspiration, you can get it down on the paper. Capture your idea in stunning, 3D Journals that keep you focused and in your creative flow. Paper App offers fast and gesture-based navigation that makes it easy and natural to use paper.
10. Gimp Paint Studio Gimp Paint Studio is an all-in-one painting and drawing platform that consists of multiple brushes and tools presets to speed up the editing process. It is a simple and easy to use application designed to offers a more advanced and richer painting environment. With the help of this solution, you can easily create painting and sketches as well as edit your own images to make them more interesting. The collection of resources includes brushes, multiple settings for dynamics, palette, gradients, and patterns. The list of new brushes contains about one hundred choices and includes variants of other brushes available in Gimp default options. The most addictive thing about this platform is that it requires less space than the average program in the section design and photography software.