Top 10 best HR Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
Applicant tracking system (ATS) is a software application that enables the electronic handling of recruitment and hiring needs. An ATS can be implemented or accessed online at enterprise- or small-business levels, depending on the needs of the organization; free and open-source ATS software is also available. An ATS is very similar to customer relationship management (CRM) systems, but are designed for recruitment tracking purposes. In many cases they filter applications automatically based on given criteria such as keywords, skills, former employers, years of experience and schools attended. This has caused many to adapt resume optimization techniques similar to those used in search engine optimization when creating and formatting their résumé. Here the Top 10 best HR Applicant Tracking Systems listed:
- Bullhorn, which functions as both an ATS and CRM, is software designed specifically for recruiting and staffing agencies.
- Greenhouse, the fastest growing ATS by market share in 2017 according to Ongig, is known for its structured hiring and interviewing approach.
- SAP SuccessFactors was born when SuccessFactors was acquired by SAP America in 2011. While technically a full human capital management (HCM) software, it’s the 3rd most popular ATS among the Fortune 500.
- iCIMS, the second biggest ATS by market share according to Datanyze, is a content generating machine. Fun fact: iCIMS is an acronym that stands for Internet Collaborative Information Management Systems.
- Jobvite, another hybrid ATS and CRM, is #7 in market share and is known for its annual Recruiter Nation survey.
- Lever, a San Francisco startup, is making a name for its focus on diversity and metric-based recruiting.
- SmartRecruiters Featuring large customers like Visa, Skechers, Kelly Services, Equinox, and Alcoa, SmartRecruiters focuses on both candidate and recruiter experience.
- Breezy HR is an applicant tracking system that allows all companies to create a powerfully, simple hiring experience which, in 2018, grew its user base by more than 150 percent, revenue 230 percent, with over 70,000 jobs posted.
- JazzHR With a relatively low subscription cost, JazzHR is often a great fit for smaller businesses and startups. JazzHR is also the creator of Crowd, an integrated crowd-sourcing, big-data and predictive analytics initiative.
- Workable claims they are the only ATS with built-in candidate sourcing. “Our tools scan millions of online profiles and multiple data sources to find candidates who match the skills and location of your job.”