Alexa (acquired and run by Amazon) is a company that maintains traffic data regarding websites, and it’s mostly known for its website rank information, called the Alexa Rank. The Global Alexa Rank indicates how popular your site is around the world and the Local Alexa Rank shows popularity in the country that the domain has been registered in.
Why Alexa Ranking is important?
For a lot of website owners and new bloggers, it’s hard to get traffic and have a lower Alexa Rank. Nothing is more frustrating that putting amazing content out there just to find out that is not serving a purpose because no one is reading it. Knowing how to SEO a site and how to write the perfect blog post are key to gathering traffic that will eventually help you improve your Alexa Rank and will get you tons of Adsense revenue.
Alexa Rank is a very important tool for marketers as it shows the advertising potential of a site. The lower the number, the more traffic that the site gets and thus the more people that ads can be served to. Domains with lower Alexa Rank are generally regarded as more valuable than domains with higher Alexa Rank. Having a low Alexa Score can increase the CPC that you get through your Ad network or even help you land nice native advertisers on your site.
What factors affect the Alexa Rankings?
- Traffic from people that use the Alexa Toolbar
- Number of page views
- Time spent on site per visitor
- Bounce Rate and Click-through-rate
- Quality and Diversity of the views
- Number of inbounds links to site also known as backlinks
- Social Media share, likes, comments count
- Site Load Speed
- Site UX/UI
- Top 100,000 = 100-150 people with Alexa Toolbar installed per day.
- Top 50,000 = 250-300 visitors per day.
- Top 20,000 = 400-500 visits, who have installed Alexa toolbar.
- Top 10,000 = 700-800 visitors per day.
- Top 5,000 = about 1400-1600 visitors per day.
- Installing the Alexa Toolbar (on every PC, laptop)
- Posting on your blog frequently
- Creating unique content that ranks well on Google using these powerful SEO techniques.
- Writing a detailed review of Alexa.
Claiming your site on Alexa Adding the Alexa widget to your site
How to Increase Alexa Rank Quickly in 2018
- Install the dumb Alexa Toolbar on multiple browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc).
- Download VPN and connect to it.
- Go to PageReboot on every browser, put your site and set the refresh time every 60 seconds.
- Sit back, relax, wait for about 15-20 min.
- You can change the country in VPN now.
- (Optional but recommended if you have the budget) Get your Alexa page certified by buying one of their plans.
- Buy a fake rank by hiring someone on Fiverr
- Use an Alexa boosting service like RankBoostUp.
- Buy a highly trafficked domain and redirect it to your site.
Benefits of having a lower Alexa
- You will get more business. A lot of bloggers will reach out to guest write on your site and people might trust you more.
- Your site will be referenced and copied more. A lot of bots are running around copying content from different sites that generate traffic. Most of the times you will garner new links this way. Since these copied sites usually have lower Domain Authority, your site won’t be affected by duplicate content penalties.
- You can see other interesting metrics on the Alexa rank page such as these audience demographics on Gender, Education and Location