Making a widget to stick to it's position in Blogger is very easy. It uses a simple jQuery, script code chunk. It will be done by embedding those codes it into your Blogger template and little bit configuring is necessary. Any widget you can make sticky in your Blogger. Let's see how to make any widget sticky in your Blogger blogs:
How to make any widget sticky in Blogger
Step 1: Embedding the code
- Log in to your Blogger dashboard, select your Blog,
- Go to 'Template' option select 'Edit Html',
- Now find (using CTRL+F or CMD+F) into code snippet </head> tag.
- Copy following codes and paste them above </head>
Step 2: Configure your Sticky widget
After codes embed part is done, now it's time to configure the widget which one you intended to make sticky/float. To doing that you need to find Widget Id. Every gadget/widget have one unique Widget Id.
For getting your widget Id -
- From 'Template' option select 'Edit Html'
- Select 'Jump to widget' and you will see your current using gadget's Id (example-HTML1, HTML2, Blog1 etc)If you unable to detected your widget Id in this way then follow the alter way,
- First preview your Blog while you logged in
- The widget you want to make sticky in lower right corner of that widget you'll see a small wrench, Hover mouse pointer on wrench icon and bottom of web browser a link you will see, the link's last word contains your widget Id (see below picture)
- Then, in code chunk place your Widget Id thrice (red marked)
If your template already has the jQuery code
installed, sticky widget will not work, so if your Template already got this code don't paste twice, without this line paste the rest!
Sticky/floating widget is very demanded subject right now. So it's your turn to make your widget's sticky in your Blogger blogs. And don't forget to mention how it working on your blog. Check out also the Sticky navigation menu for Blogger too. Cheers...